Sports Funding is money which is allocated by the government annually to improve the Sporting and Physical Education Provision for the children.
All schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but there is freedom to choose how we do it. At Winster C of E Primary School we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. In addition, we believe that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children.
All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £16,000 plus a premium of £10 per pupil. Smaller schools will receive £500 per pupil.
For the academic year September 2017 – August 2018, Winster School will receive 16,310
We will use the funding to improve sport and physical activity for all. We will work in collaboration with other schools and partnerships to make the best use of resources and enhance PE and sport provision, in order to raise participation and achievement for all pupils.
• All children benefit regardless of sporting ability
• All children are given the opportunity to compete in tournaments and sports festivals with other schools
• Staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development in order that pupils continue to benefit from the funding
• Children have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of sports
• We make use of collaborative partnerships
During 2016-17, examples of the impact of Sports Premium Funding are as follows:
• Staff worked alongside coaches to develop strategies in teaching games, athletics and orienteering which extended staff expertise in school.
• Most children in Years 1-6 have been involved in sporting activities after school.
• Being part of the School Sports Partnership has enabled us to take part in competitive sports with cluster schools. 100% of children have been involved in competitive sports in Key Stage 2.